Sunday, July 17, 2011

Post-Potter Depression




I am currently in a state of Post-Potter Depression. I have to admit that sitting in the theatre during the midnight premiere and seeing the scene in the moving image at the top of this post appear, I could not help but feel my heart ache and my eyes getting watery. Harry Potter has been apart of my life since I was in elementary school, and seeing this spellbinding saga come to an end marks the end of my own childhood.

I still remember when I got my first Harry Potter book. It was in 1999 when my Uncle bought a copy of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban for my brother and I to read. That was when I first discovered the Harry Potter series, and knowing that my Uncle bought me the third book in the series, I quickly went and borrowed my best friend Mary's copy of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone so I can begin reading this series. I remember wanting to do a book report on Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in third grade, but my reading comprehension level was too low back then to be able to do an entire school project on the book. And I also remember when the fifth book (which is my favorite) was released. My aunt bought if for my brother and I and we both tried to wake up earlier than each other that summer just so we can hog the book and read it all day.

The Harry Potter series brings back so many memories in my life, and it deeply saddens me to see that both the books and movies have come to and end. But as it always is, all good things must come to an end. An even though Harry Potter may be over, the memories that I have had with it will never go away.

No comments:

Post a Comment