Tuesday, August 16, 2011

FALL PREVIEW: A Gifted Man (CBS)



A Gifted Man (CBS)

What It's About: Michael Holt is a brilliant surgeon whose life changes when he begins to see the ghost of his recently deceased ex-wife Anna.

The Good: Patrick Wilson has what it takes to carry his own TV show, as he has quite a bit male lead roles under his belt from his film work. He is convincing as a doctor, and brings a lot of depth to his character that will make viewers want to root for him.

The Bad: How long will this whole imaginary friend plot with Michael's ex-wife be entertaining for? Because if you think about it, this could all get old really fast.

My Thoughts: I like Patrick Wilson as an actor, and I like him here as well in the role of Michael. However, there has been far too many human and ghost relationships (Izzie and Danny on Grey's Anatomy, Ghost etc.) that this just doesn't seem all that new and fresh to me. And if you drop the whole hallucination/"I see my dead ex-wife" plot, then this is just another medical procedural.

When It's On: Fridays at 8/7c

No comments:

Post a Comment