Monday, August 8, 2011

FALL PREVIEW: Once Upon A Time (ABC)



Once Upon A Time (ABC)

What It's About: The real world and the world of fairy tales collide in this family drama about a young woman, Emma Swan whose 10 year old son that she gave up for adoption comes back to find her, telling her about an evil curse placed upon the people in a town called Storybrooke. Emma soon learns that she is the key to solving an evil curse that Snow White's evil stepmother placed upon the kingdom, turning all the fairy tale characters into normal human beings living in a timeless reality.

The Good: It's from the creators of "Lost", so the promise of secrets, twists and complicated mysteries is inevitable, and the cast, featuring Jennifer Morrison as Emma Swan, Ginnifer Goodwin as Snow White, Joshua Dallas as Prince Charming and Lana Parrilla as The Evil Queen is stellar.

The Bad: The special effects makes the show a bit cheesy, and personally reminds me too much of some low-budget Disney Channel or ABC Family Original Movie, and I am not quite sure how long this whole fairy tale curse plot can sustain this show.

My Thoughts: I applaud ABC for trying to create something for the family, and it brings back fond memories of the Magical World of Disney Sunday programming that they had way back when. And honestly I would give this show a chance if it were a mini-series or movie, but the fact that it is a show that could continue on for years (ratings permitted) worries me. I'm also not quite sure what all the hype is surrounding this show as the promotional trailer neither had me hooked or excited. All in all, I think I will sit out on this one.

When It's On: Sundays at 8 P.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment