Sunday, March 6, 2011

Soundtracks of My Life

While studying for midterms today, the only way to produce a 6 hour session of rigorous, focused studying was to play classical music. But with centuries of repertoire to choose from, how was I to decide what to listen to? Luckily, I opted to indulge myself in Motion Picture Soundtracks featuring scores that are not only soothing, but motivating for me to do work. Ranging from fast tunes to slow somber songs, my playlist got me through my long day of studying without me exploding due to the insane amount of stress that I feel at the moment.



I love the theme of True Grit, which is actually suppose to be an adaptation of a popular hymn song.



I found that The King's Speech had the most motivating soundtrack of them all due to the fact that its classical tunes played while the King himself was hard at work in the movie trying to practice his speaking abilities.



The Social Network's Oscar Winning score also made it onto my "Studying Playlist"



After falling in love with the musical score of Atonement, I just had to play the songs from its soundtrack as well amidst my studying.


In addition to the samples that I decided to share above, movie soundtracks from Finding Neverland, Schindler's List and The Pianist were also good background music for my studying. And after a long day at my school's library, I am now back at my dorm relaxing and nervously counting down until my exam tomorrow. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment